The Ultimate Guide To Coconut Oil
Do you want a better method to have healthier skin? The solution might be right in your kitchen: coconut oil. Yes, Research shows that coconut oil may be just what your skin requires. Coconut face oil is mild enough to apply around delicate eyes and lips. Its advantages include decreasing inflammation, preventing free radical damage, and helping in infection prevention. Read further to learn more about coconut oil.
What exactly is coconut oil?
Coconut oil is extracted from the coconut palm's nut (fruit). Coconut oil is a highly saturated oil that is typically extracted by pressing fresh coconuts. Coconut oil is high in medium-chain fatty acids, which account for approximately 65% of its overall makeup. The fatty acids found in coconut oil include Lauric acid: 49%, Myristic acid: 18%, Caprylic acid: 8%, Palmitic acid: 8%, Capric acid: 7%, Oleic acid: 6%, Linoleic acid: 2%, Stearic acid: 2%.
Choosing the best coconut oil
There are three main types of coconut oil:
- Unrefined: The best coconut oil for skin care is unrefined coconut oil, which is prepared by squeezing the edible flesh of the coconut and typically does not include additional chemicals.
- Refined: The quality of commercially produced coconut oils varies considerably. These might be harsh on the skin and have less therapeutic qualities. A chemical procedure is used to refine certain oils.
- Liquid: Liquid coconut oils are primarily used in cooking.
According to a 2017 review of several oils made using various techniques, cold-pressed oil contains higher fatty acids and skin-beneficial chemicals. When stored at temperatures below 75°F (23.889°C), most high-quality coconut oil solidifies. Then, solid coconut oil liquefies when heated or warmed. You may also use a mixer or blender to whip coconut oil into a frothy texture for an additional luxury sensation. Try incorporating essential oils with skin-nourishing qualities.
Can you use coconut oil on your face overnight?
Yes, Coconut oil is a kind of fat derived from fresh coconuts or dried coconut flakes. As a result, when used as an overnight moisturizer, its emollient qualities may make it worthwhile for particular skin types, such as dry or normal-to-dry skin.
Coconut oil is rich in nourishing fatty acids that moisturize and protect the skin. Linoleic acid (vitamin F), which helps skin maintain moisture, and lauric acid, which has antibacterial characteristics, are two examples.
If you have dry, flaky skin, replacing your regular moisturizer with coconut oil may soften and hydrate your skin, leaving it looking refreshed and smooth when you wake up.
Benefits of using coconut oil on your face
- Improves hydration: Coconut oil helps to strengthen your skin's protective barrier layer, retaining moisture and keeping your skin supple and moisturized.
- Reduce Inflammation: Because coconut oil has anti-inflammatory qualities, it is excellent for irritated, chafed skin.
- Increased Collagen Production: Coconut oil contains lauric acid, which promotes collagen synthesis. Collagen aids in the maintenance of skin firmness and suppleness. By assisting the skin in maintaining and producing collagen, you may prevent the creation of some fine lines and wrinkles.
- Lightens Dark spots: Coconut oil may brighten skin and help decrease the appearance of dark patches or uneven skin tone. You can also use lemon juice to enhance this effect.
How can I incorporate coconut oil as part of my skincare routine?
Incorporating coconut oil into your skin care regime will have huge benefits. It is extremely moisturising and is known to have anti- aging properties. It is important to find the right type of coconut oil for your skin. For example, if you have an oily skin type, you want to find a coconut oil that is lightweight and absorbs easily into your skin. If you have dry skin, you want to find a coconut oil of a thicker consistency so that it is more moisturising for you and so on. At Doctor A Cosmetics, we have our own facial oil- our 24K Gold Royalty Treatment. It contains 6 essential oils including coconut oil.
Why should I use Doctor A’s 24K Gold Royalty Treatment?
Our 24K Gold Royalty Treatment will not clog your pores. It is a lightweight oil of a medium consistency and hence is specifically formulated to be used on all skin types even oily skin types. Our 24K Gold Royalty Treatment is completely clean and contains no synthetic ingredients, no sulphates, no mineral oils, and no palm oil. Completely vegan and in plastic free packaging, the oil is formulated to be used every day, twice a day. It also contains 5 other essential face oils (Rosehip oil, argan oil, grapeseed oil, castor oil, bergamot oil and 24K real gold!) to help tackle a variety of skin issues such as hyperpigmentation, acne breakouts, scarring, anti- aging and more.
Why don’t you try our Doctor A 24K Gold Royalty Treatment and let us know what you think about it in the comments below.
Leave a comment