Vitamin A. A beautiful and powerful skincare ingredient. Vitamins are vital for the skin and vitamin A is no different.
Vitamin A benefits:
- Vitamin A helps your skin to heal faster.
- Vitamin A also helps in preventing breakouts.
- Vitamin A can tackle the signs of premature aging.
- Vitamin A supports the skin’s immune system.
- Vitamin A can smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
- Vitamin A exfoliates skin cells and helps with new skin cells regeneration process.
- Vitamin A can prevent your pores from clogging.
Vitamin A comes from two sources, retinoids, such as retinols which can be found in vitamin A rich foods, such as eggs and dairy products) and carotenoids which can be found in dark green vegetables and carrots.
Vitamin A creams are available in different retinol strengths. What this means is that some creams may have a higher percentage of retinol than others. The higher the percentage the more it can cause skin sensitivity especially if you are new to using vitamin A in your skin care regimen.
When applying vitamin A, it is important to remember:
- Apply a thin layer.
- Do not use more than a pea- sized amount.
- Incorporate vitamin A slowly into your skincare regimen, starting perhaps with once a week then increasing it slowly to every three days- or whatever best suits your skin.
- Remember to always follow a vitamin A product with an SPF, as retinols can make your skin sensitive in the sun.