Let's get started!
The term, vegan or veganism, has gained colossal fame in recent years. The attempt to make the world a better and safer place to live for every living organism has led to its birth. The main aim is to eradicate any form currently towards animals as they too have the right to life as we humans have. Veganism started when people chose to consume plant-based products instead of meat and dairy products or any edible item derived from animals.
So we all know the craze for vegan food products that are going on lately. People choose to consume almond, coconut or cashew milk instead of cow milk, tofu instead of cottage cheese and many more. The more health-conscious one is getting, the more they are turning to veganism. Hence the point is, if something is good for the body internally then it should work great topically too. Here is how it started and has not stopped since then. People are in love and are happily choosing to make this change in their diet and now widely in their self-care regime.
Why choose Vegan Skincare
When we hear the word vegan in skincare, it comes to our mind why we should choose this and how is it any better than the rest of the products available in the market.
Most of the products contain sulphates and parabens which are extremely harmful to our skin and use animal-derived glycerine, squalane, etc, which again is not suitable for the skin. For healthy skin, better living and a cleaner environment switching to vegan skincare can be a game changer. The products contain no harmful ingredients. Every ingredient is derived from the lap of mother nature without harming any living organism she has raised. However, it is to be noted that vegan products and cruelty-free products are two different things. Vegan skincare would mean the non-existence of any animal-derived ingredient whereas cruelty-free would mean that it has not been tested on animals. It is not necessary for a vegan product to also be cruelty-free. But at DoctorA all the skincare essentials are curated in such a manner that along with being vegan they are cruelty-free too. We believe in equality. As the saying goes, “live and let live.” By choosing a vegan form of skincare, you would be making a difference to the planet and would be contributing to making this world a better, cleaner and greener place to live for all.
Benefits of Vegan Skincare
Vegan skincare is an amalgamation of the best of mother nature and the highly advanced skincare science to give the best results. These items use the most recent technology and have improved over time to outperform non-vegan products currently on the market. So how does being a vegan assist with beauty? Some of the benefits are as follows:
- Gentle on Skin: Vegan beauty products are gentler on the skin as no artificial chemicals have been added to them. They do not aggravate the skin by causing allergies, rashes or redness. People with sensitive skin should especially opt for vegan skincare essentials as organic and plant-derived ingredients are incorporated in the curation of the same.
- Cruelty-free: Cruelty-free: Vegan beauty products are generally cruelty-free just like what Doctor A has to offer. No life of an animal is threatened while testing if the resultant product is conducive to human skin. The animals are free as is each one of us from harmful tests and trials of the cosmetic world.
- Environment friendly: The majority of vegan businesses have sustainable packaging, are environmentally conscious, and support lowering carbon footprints. Animal products are one of the major factors contributing to environmental harm and climate change, according to findings released by the United Nations Environment Programme in 2010. Vegan beauty businesses are also concerned with the environment in addition to eliminating cruelty to animals.
In a word, the advantages of a Vegan beauty routine are simply too great to pass up. By switching to vegan beauty products, you not only protect Mother Nature's wellness but gain the advantages of glowing, flaw-free skin at the same time. Utilising Vegan beauty products will support your eco-friendly lifestyle if you have been living sustainably. Make the switch now to benefit tomorrow for sure.
Ingredients to avoid while shifting to vegan skincare products
The easiest way to turn to eco-friendly, vegan products would be to read the ingredients before making a purchase and more importantly be aware of what ingredients are vegan and what is not. A conscious effort needs to be taken in order to purchase natural cosmetic products. Below are a few animal-derived ingredients commonly found in beauty products and their plant-based alternatives:
- Glycerine: Glycerine is sourced from the fats of animals. It is widely used in soaps, shampoos and moisturisers to heal cracked and dry, itchy skin. A suitable substitute would be vegetable glycerine derived from soya, coconut and palm oil.
- Honey: Honey is excellent when it comes to softening and smoothing the texture of the skin. However, it comes from bees. So the equally competent alternative is aloe vera, argan oil and jojoba oil
- Squalane: Squalane, found in the liver of sharks, is used in strengthening the barriers of the skin and preventing water loss and is used to treat dehydrated skin. It replenishes the moisture content and transforms dull skin into a bright and radiant one. It is naturally derived from plants like olives, sugarcane, etc without harming any animal in the process. This is why Doctor A products are completely vegan. We love the ingredient squalane and we choose to derive our squalane ingredient from olives to give extra benefits to your skin, rather than have it animal-derived.
What do we have to say?
So after reading this if you have changed your mind then Doctor A is there wishing to love your skin with organic skincare essentials. Try our Doctor A Intensely Exotic Repairing Night Cream and Doctor A Natural Vitamin C Brightening Moisturiser. Our repairing night moisture is an organic product used to heal the damages caused throughout the day due to exposure to a polluted environment. The Vitamin C brightening cream has glycerine in it to help retain the moisture levels of your skin. Dig into these cruelty-free vegan products to get flawless skin.
While you indulge in basic skincare treat it with the luxury of our 24K gold Treatment to bring in that extra glow to your skin.
All of our skincare products come with the love of natural ingredients without containing any paraben or SLS. Alongside being vegan, they are cruelty-free too.
Pampering your skin is one of the best forms of self-love and when you do it without the guilt of having harmed a single soul, it brings with it utmost joy.
All Doctor A has to say is while you choose the healthiest food to incorporate into your daily diet, choose the most nutritious food for your skin too. The greener you go in your diet the fitter you get. Similarly, the natural you shift in your skincare the more youthful and radiant your skin turns.
Change now, when you still can change because your one step today can still make a difference on our Blue Planet.